Once again, I’m changing things up. Instead of going over the previous months goals in my monthly review I’ve decided to go over how I did here with my new goals. That way all the goals are together and you don’t miss anything if you want to skip my monthly review. I don’t know why you want to though. Just sayin’ my monthly review are amazing. You should go read them… after you read this post though. Anyways, on with last months goals.
March Goals Reviews
- I am going to post 1 blog per week. FAIL!!!! I stared at a blank computer screen too many times to count this month and nothing came out of it. I started many posts that turned into absolute shit and never posted anything. I failed this goal and I failed my readers. So sorry about that but I have a very good plan to change all that. Post coming for real this time!
- Read everyday. I did not read everyday. I did read but not as much as I should have. I suck at goals. Sorry.
- Take 1 picture everyday. Nope to the picture everyday but I did take pictures. I think I took a total of 18 pictures this month which is more than half the month. I think that means that I half succeed. You gotta look on the positive side, right?
- Get my insomnia under control. This month I learned that I hate tea. Like, for real, hate tea. I drank some chamomile tea once in March and couldn’t drink it again. It just wasn’t my thing. I did turn my computer off around 10 but Nick has been really into a few shows on Netflix so the tv came on pretty quickly after I turned my computer off at night. All that didn’t help. It was only towards the end of the month that my anxiety subsided and I started naturally getting tired and going to sleep right away. I’m now feeling much better but I did purchase some Four Sigmatic Mushroom Elixir with Reishi to help me relax at night. It supposedly tastes like hot chocolate or coffee but I haven’t be able to try it yet so we will see.
- Exercise 10 minutes or more a day. I also learned that I’m not naturally motivated to exercise while in the house. I much prefer to be outside taking long walks. It was rainy most of March so I didn’t exercise very much. Now that it’s April I find myself doing more outside as the sun makes a daily appearance. So, I failed this one but am optimistic that I’ll naturally be exercising more now that the weather is getting better.
Now we are going on to April’s Goals.
Stick to my morning and nightly routines. Recently I have been much better at my daily routines. I’ve tweaked them a bit to make it less doubting to do so much and I’ve actually been accomplish them fairly well. I want to focus on keeping this habit up and to add a few things. I’m realizing that it feels really good to wake up and get dressed and put a little makeup on every morning. It also feels really good to wash off that makeup and treat myself to a face mask in the evenings. I really want to do these small acts of self-care because it makes me feel good.
Post at least 4 blog post and 4 YouTube videos this month. So I make a very minimal living off of my blog and YouTube channel. I won’t be the next Bill Gates or anything but it does bring in a little. I’d like to focus on being more consistent with my blog and channel because the more consistent I am the more money I make. I’d also like to do more on these platforms because I actually really love writing on my blog and making videos.
I want to knit 3 hexipuffs a day. If you’re a knitter and you’ve never heard of hexipuffs or The Beekeeper’s Quilt you are missing out. You knit these tiny hexipuffs and once you’ve knitted as many as you like you stitch them together to make a quilt. It is the cutest little or big blanket you can make. It’s also an easy project you can take on the go with you as you only need knitting needles, sock wool yarn and a little bit of filling to stuff inside your hexipuff. I’ve been slowly working on this since project since 2014. I’d like to finish it at some point which means making those cute, puffy hexipuffs. 3 a day seems realistic and accomplishable.
Work on my Etsy How To Course. A goal of mine is to open an Etsy shop one day. I’ve been slowly trying to do this for about 6 months now. The only problem I’ve had is trying to actually make my product. I tried to just jump in and do everything myself without really knowing how probably make it. That obviously didn’t work very well so I signed up for a “How To” course. It’s a move at your own pace type of things so I’ve slowly been going through it when I have the time. I’d like to dedicate time for this every evening even if it’s just getting through one video or one tutorial. I’ve found that doing a little each day adds up to a lot over time so I’m not going to stress getting through everything at once but doing a little every day.
Keep taking pictures for my 100 Happy Days Challenge. Even though I didn’t take a picture everyday in March I’d like to keep taking pictures and complete the challenge. I’m realizing that the more I do those self-care things I was talking about earlier the more motivated I am to document my life and the more I document my life and see those pictures the more I want to get out there and do more things. It has been a good way of getting me out of the rut I’ve been in lately. I also recently made a little picture frame to hang those pictures in to keep myself focused on the things I love and care about. Overall, it’s a good thing for me and I want to keep it going.