I am participating in another Deepak and Oprah Meditation Experience. This meditation experience is about finding deeper connections and understanding with people and oneself. Please follow along on my journey to healthier and happier life.
Life at the Center: The Core of Your Relationships
Bringing to mind five of your most important relationships, write down the ideal roles you want to play in each of them. Every relationship calls for different roles, such as guide, teacher, lover, protector, mentor, healer, supporter, parent, challenger, creative partner, etc. Be specific and tailor the roles that suit each relationship best. With your ideal role in mind for each relationship, journal about how you can play your part the best way you know how.
1) My Husband- Partner– Listening more to be a better, more understanding my partner.
2) My Children- Teacher– My kids teach me a lot of things, mostly unexpected. I want to be a better teacher to my children. Sometimes I feel like I only teach my children when big events in their life happen instead of preemptively teaching them. I want them to have good life skills and habits. I want them to be confident, well-adjusted adults with good values and morals. The only way they are going do that is if I show them and teach them what I value and what my morals are.
3) My Sister Becky- Supporter– I could be more of a supporter to my sister. I feel like I’m not always 100% honest with her and I should be.
4) My Mom- Supporter– I don’t think my mom needs more support but I could be wrong. I feel like I haven’t always been consist in reaching out to my mom and to let her know that I do think about her and care. I have been trying to make a bigger effort in being more consist but I need to keep up the habit to prove to that to her.
5) My Dad- Advisor– I should reach out more to get that good advice my dad always gives.