What was the most memorable part of this past month?
The most memorable part of July was the 4th of July. The community we live in had a parade, car show, arts and craft show, horseback riding and fireworks. We spent the entire day walking around in the hot sun and it was a lot of fun for the kids.
What were the three biggest lessons you’ve learned in this past month?
1) To not stress out about the unknown because sometimes it’s just not that stressful.
2) I need to be more positive because my negative thoughts don’t get me anywhere.
3) When to fight and when to not. Somethings are just not worth arguing about and won’t matter in a week anyway, so why fight about it.
Are you happy with how you spent your time this month? What steps can you take this next month to adjust them?
When I look back at July it does feel like I wasted a lot of time not doing anything. Then I ask myself, what would you have done differently with your time. I suppose I could have gone out and done more things by myself or with the kids. I could have spent more time brainstorming ideas for this here blog or videos for my YouTube channel. When I really think about it though I feel like it’s summer and on these hot days with no air conditioning, I’m okay with lazing around in shorts and a tank top.
Next month I want to actually write more and I’m going to make more time to do that. I also want to figure out how to make videos for all the ideas I have. I also want to get out and do more. There are a lot of free things to do where I live, some more for families while others more adult oriented.
How are you different between this past month and the month before it?
This is going to sound really bad but the biggest change is that I literally give zero fucks this month. I care very little what people think of me. I don’t really care about what anyone is trying to argue with me about. I’m not interested in fighting or about anyone’s problems. Life is short and I just don’t have time to be weight down by people who don’t matter that much to me. It has been a very freeing month and I suggest that everyone try to give zero fucks too.
What or who are you especially grateful for this past month?
My In-laws. I haven’t always gotten along with them and we still struggle to see eye to eye on some things but their willingness to always help me and my family is inspiring. I hope one day that I can show them my gratitude for all the help they’ve given me over the years and to pay them back respectively. I know Nick and I wouldn’t be where we are now if they had not of helped us as much as they have.
Name three things you can improve on next month. What are concrete actions you can take to work towards these improvements?
1) Be more active in my life. I am naturally reclusive and shy but I don’t actually like to be that way. I want to do more and experience more things in my life. Next month I am going to schedule out all the things I want to do and budget for them if necessary. I’m going to work with Nick to make them happen and then I’ll share them all with you.
2) Share more of my life and who I really am on this blog and on YouTube. I’ve had a ton of ideas for my YouTube channel but haven’t been able to bring them to life the way I want. In August I want to make my ideas a reality and have already begun to work on them so prepare yourself. I have fewer ideas for this blog but I have a few things I planned so don’t stress.
3) Being more proactive in taking care of myself. I’ve fallen out of the habit of doing the basics in self-care. Don’t get me wrong, I shower and brush my teeth every day, I’m not gross. What I haven’t been doing though is taking my vitamins, waking up early, eating three healthy meals a day, doing the things that bring me joy and help relax me. Those types of basic self-care. In August I want to make a point to do those things. I’ve made up my habit tracker and included a lot of self-care tasks that need to be checked off daily.
From 1-10, how do you feel overall about this past month?
On a scale of one to ten, I’d give July a seven. I didn’t do much but that’s fine. It’s summer and I’m home with the kids so it’s okay to be a bit lazy. The month could have been better but it also could have been worse.