What was the most memorable part of this past month?
There are many memorable parts to June. The first being finishing my first semester back at school! The second is my week-long vacation that was much-needed. The third is finding out my grade. I got a 3.5 in my english class and a 4.0 in my math class!
What were the three biggest lessons you’ve learned in this past month?
- Do what makes you happy. Don’t wait around for happiness to find you because it won’t. You need to find that within yourself and grasp it as tightly as you can and never let go of it.
- Be authentic. It’s important that people be who they are. I don’t like to lie or to hide my feelings and if they pull me into a different direction than the people around me I’m not going to lie about it. I’m going to show people who I am and I’m going to do what I want.
- Change is scary but good. I’ve been stagnant for a long time and I’m realizing now that doing something that changes the way my life is now is very, very scary but much-needed.
Are you happy with how you spent your time this month? What steps can you take this next month to adjust them?
I am mostly happy with how I spent my time. I did my school stuff, I spent a lot of time traveling and experiencing new things. It was a decent month. I wish I had spent more time focusing on my social media and this blog but I’m hoping I can refocus on those and next month will be better.
How are you different between this past month and the month before it?
I’d say this after this month I’m more willing to just do what I need to do and not concern myself with people who don’t have my best interest at heart. For too long I’ve let other people dictate how I should live and I’m not playing those games anymore. If you want to be in my life then you need to play by my rules and if you aren’t willing to do that then you are irrelevant to me.
What or who are you especially grateful for this past month?
My sister and my Gray Bear. My sister is the one constant in my life. She is my biggest cheerleader and support even though she lives half way across the country from me. Gray is my little love bug and he turned 5 this month. I don’t know when my baby turned into a boy and I can’t say that I am entirely ready for him to grow up but he promised me he’d never leave me, even after he grows up so maybe I can bury my head in the sand for a little while more.
Name three things you can improve on next month. What are concrete actions you can take to work towards these improvements?
- I need to spend more time on this blog. I want to change the theme and post more than just the weekly and monthly musts. I want to do more here. I think a big deal is scheduling time for this part of myself. The boys are out of school and of course there is always Dessa so I just need to schedule in blocks of time where I can sit down and do the things I want to do here on this blog.
- I want to be making more videos. I currently cannot find my camera but I don’t want to let that be an excuse to not make video for my channel. I want to also schedule time to film and edit. I want to actually film what a normal day looks like in my house and so many other things. I want to give people a real in-depth look at my life. I just need to set up my big camera and make time for everything.
How did your goals go this month?
Well, it turns out that I only workout when other people are with me and since that doesn’t happen very often I flopped on the work out. I did get some exercise while on vacation because there was a lot of walking and baby carrying but I think next month there is going to be a more firm plan on my exercise routine.
I did do more family time with the kids but they went off and had their own vacation that did not include me so it evened out to be about the same.
I passed my exams and my class!!! Goal accomplished.
No debt was paid down unfortunately. I’m hoping to slowly make progress on this and if I get the chance to dump money into some of our debt I’ll definitely do that.
I have been slowly making my way through book but definitely need to dedicate more time to that.
From 1-10, how do you feel overall about this past month?
I’d say it was an 8. I did really well in school, I got to travel and I grew as a person more than I can describe on this blog. I’m hoping that this continues and that it will bring good things.