What was the most memorable part of this past month? Describe it.
The most memorable part of March for me was getting school figured out. I thought that jumping through all the hoops that most colleges have you do was going to be impossible but once I started I found that it wasn’t that hard. I think that because it wasn’t as turbulent as I initially thought it would be that it made me more excited to start school again. I definitely didn’t think going into this that I would have good feelings after everything but I actually really do. I’m proud I jumped through the few hoops that I had to and am happy to be moving forward, a big goal of mine this year.
What were the three biggest lessons you’ve learned in this past month?
- Nothing is as hard as it seems.
- If I break things down into smaller pieces, it is easier for me to accomplish tasks.
- Going to bed early and getting good rest is a must!
Think back on the past month and assess your priorities. Are you happy with how you spent your time? If not, what steps can you take this next month to adjust them?
I am partially happy with how I spent my time but not fully. I accomplished a big goal by getting myself back into school but everything else fell to the side. I was really unmotivated and tired this month. I didn’t sleep well and I didn’t push myself to have good habits.
How are you different between this past month and the month before?
I can’t really think of anything that is different about me from February to March or at least nothing really pops out at me. I’m more excited about the future than I was in February and I feel more motivated to do things but not as motivated as I want to be.
What or who are you especially grateful for this past month?
- I’m grateful that I had the self-motivation to just do what I had to do and get it done. At least for the big things.
- I’m grateful for my husband Nick. He’s really making an effort to be helpful and supportive. It’s helpful and nice to have the support.
Name three things you can improve on next month. What are concrete actions you can take to work towards these improvements?
- Better sleeping habits. I need to push myself to go to bed at a decent hour. I’ve been staying up until 1 am most nights and then rolling around for another hour or two. I need to get off my computer by 10 pm and then lights out at 11pm at the latest.
- Self-motivation. In the past I haven’t been good at this so I plan to make more realistic goals for myself, I’m going to think positive, track my achievements and maybe reward myself a time or two.
- Keeping a predictable and manageable schedule. I’m the type of person that just goes with the flow and when inspiration hits I run with it. I think is a great attribute in a person but not in every aspect of life. I am a wife, mother and soon to be student. I need to be realistic and buckle down into a schedule and a routine that works for myself and my family. I want to develop good routines and habits. Like a morning/evening routine, a blog schedule and a house cleaning schedule. I want to plan out my weekends and my study time. I plan to use my new planner and a daily habits tracker.
From 1-10, how do you feel overall about this past month?
I would give March a 5. I did get myself back into school but I can’t say I did much of anything else. I think there is plenty of room for improvement with my self-motivation, follow through and taking ownership of what I need to do.
How did your goals go this month?
Not good at all. I was not motivated at all and I think I hate the new setup I tried. There is too much going on and I think I need to narrow down my goals to 1 per category, instead of two or three. I didn’t accomplish any of my goals for March and I’m hoping that narrowing down the number of goals makes it more manageable for me.