What was the most memorable part of this past month?
In early May my Grandma Ruthie past away. The memory of getting the phone call and being at her funeral will forever be etched into my memory. I think of her every day and will forever miss her.
What were the three biggest lessons you’ve learned in this past month?
1) Don’t wait to do things because you may miss your chance.
2) Tell the people you care about how you feel. If you don’t they may not know.
3) Take time to figure out what you really want in life. Once you know, move in that direction as much as you can but be flexible.
How are you different between this past month and the month before it?
Since the passing of my grandma, I’ve been more focused on figuring out what’s important in life. My husband and kids are my number one. I want to do more with them as a family. I really want to dedicate time to making memories. I want to plan more family days together both in the house and out of the house. I know since we are deep in the process of moving that I won’t be able to do those things right away but once things settle down I want to start planning some of my ideas. I also want to include more of my extended family into my life. I haven’t lived near my parents or sisters in 10 years but after the move, I will be only 20 minutes away from one of my sisters and my parents and other sister are 4 hours drive away.
What or who are you especially grateful for this past month?
This month Nick, again, really pulled through for me. When I found out my grandma passed he instantly called into work and started making my flight arrangments. He made sure I had everything I would need and made sure I got to the airport early enough that I wouldn’t stress.
Name three things you can improve on next month. What are concrete actions you can take to work towards these improvements?
1) Spending more time as a family. It won’t be hard to do that in June since we will be stuck in a car for at least 3 days if not more.
2) Not stressing out about things I can’t control. I do that a lot and with the big move happening in June my stress levels are already up.
3) Staying motivated. Packing is a process and it can get draining and be demotivating at times. I just need to remember the end goal and reward to help stay motivated.
From 1-10, how do you feel overall about this past month?
I’m not sure how to rate this month. I’m still heartbroken over my grandma’s passing but other than that the month was productive. A lot of packing got done and we pulled everything together. I guess a 5.