What was the most memorable part of this past month?
Getting the keys to our new house. It is only a rental but it will be the first place we’ve lived without someone on top, bottom or side of us since 2012!
What were the three biggest lessons you’ve learned in this past month?
- Don’t hold your feelings in too long. I’ve been very tired and stressed out lately and when that happens my brain wonders to dark places. If I just talk about those feelings in a rational way I tend to feel a little better.
- Life is all about perspective. Although I’m excited to move I’m not totally thrilled with the house we are renting. It needs a lot of work and although the landlord says we can fix/change whatever we want I don’t really want to invest my own money into someone else’s home. Nick and I have talked about it and he has reassured me this will work out and to try to see the positives. After thinking about everything we are gaining by moving I’m okay with a not perfect house.
- Forgiveness is a process. I’m not always good at forgiving but I’m trying hard to let things go. I’m working through some things and it’s getting better.
Are you happy with how you spent your time this month? What steps can you take this next month to adjust them?
I’m undecided on how I spent my time. I feel like I did a lot but didn’t get a lot done. I feel like I was in a constant state of chaos so although I was doing stuff I wasn’t accomplishing anything. I was just busy and not efficient.
In December I’m going to plan out my days and weeks better. I feel like if I do that I won’t be so stressed about what needs to be done. I’ll have my to-do list with me and I’ll just check things off as I go.
How are you different between this past month and the month before it?
I feel like I regressed a little this month. I’m definitely more stressed and finding it more difficult to keep moving forward in life. I’m sure this is because it’s the holiday season and we are moving. I’m thinking once we are moved and settled things will be better.
What or who are you especially grateful for this past month?
I’m grateful for planners, laundry machines, dishwashers, cars and anything that makes my life easier.
Name three things you can improve on next month. What are concrete actions you can take to work towards these improvements?
- Plan ahead better. I need to use my planner more effectively and make sure I keep a running list of things I need to do. I also need to keep up with the monthly menu. I make one every month but don’t check it often enough to keep up with it. In December I’m going to check my planner everyday and make a daily to-do list. I’m also going to put the menu calendar on my phone so I can always check it.
- Get more sleep. I don’t sleep well. I’ve always been a night owl that takes at least an hour to shut my brain off. In December I’m going to have to set a strict bedtime for myself, even if it makes me feel like a child.
- Find quite time for myself. With 3 kids, moving and the holidays finding time to just relax has been really hard. I am going to find time each day to just unwind and de-stress.
How did your goals go this month?
- Packing was slow going in the beginning but has slowly picked up. I didn’t always pack 3 boxes a day but I did pack something each day, so 50/50 on this one.
- No daily routine was made or kept, FAIL!
- I’m making a cleaning schedule for the new house right now but didn’t this month so… FAIL.
- I made a monthly budget but didn’t keep track of it well enough, FAIL!
- We only ate out 5 out of the 30 days in November so I would say this goal was a success!
From 1-10, how do you feel overall about this past month?
I’d give November an 8. It wasn’t perfect but it was good.