What was the most memorable part of this past month?
Getting the rental house that both Nick and I wanted. We are so excited to be moving and to have an actual house with a yard for the boys and a bedroom for Dessa.
What were the three biggest lessons you’ve learned in this past month?
- Communicate with your partner as much as you can. I often find that days are short and busy but making the extra effort to talk to Nick and him doing the same has really helped us connect and start working as a team.
- Getting rid of the extra junk in your life takes a giant weight off your shoulders. There is no need to hold on to things that you don’t need, want or even remember so throw it away or pass it on to someone who wants it.
- Doing a little bit each day will is better than not doing anything. My internal voice for a long time has told me that if I don’t clean my entire house in a day or I can’t finish a project in an hour there is no point in doing it. That is so wrong! I’ve been doing house work everyday consistently and have been slowly conquering small projects by just doing a little each day. I find I have more motivation the next day to do more as I’m slowly seeing the progress I’m making.
Are you happy with how you spent your time this month? What steps can you take this next month to adjust them?
YES! I’ve spent a lot of time cleaning and organize as well as making a budget binder to get our finances in order. I’ve also gone through my house and gotten rid of things I don’t need/want anymore and that feels good. I have also told myself that when I’m tired and want a rest that it is okay to take one. I find that if I allow myself to stop when I feel like stopping that I hate what I’m doing much less.
How are you different between this past month and the month before it?
Even though I’m stressed out I feel more relaxed. I also feel happier. I am excited for our move and I’m excited to see what the future holds. I feel like this is the first time in a long time that I’m really happy with my own life.
What or who are you especially grateful for this past month?
I’m grateful for Nick and the FlyLady, Marla Cilley. Nick and I have actually started working together and although times get hard I know that we trying to move in the same direction. The FlyLady has shown me that I need to take baby steps and that it is okay to not be perfect or have the perfect house or life. That you just need to take small steps in the right direction with a good plan in mind.
Name three things you can improve on next month. What are concrete actions you can take to work towards these improvements?
- Finding ways to de-stress. My plan is to keep writing in my gratitude journal everyday as well as making time to meditate and exercise. I also am going to try to go to bed earlier so I am rested.
- Sticking to our budget. I recently printed out a budget worksheet and a debt tracker. I plan to make a realistic budget and track our money and debt very closely from now.
- Spending quality time with the family. I want to make sure that we have family dinner every night. With all the activities the boys have it can be hard to find time to sit down and talk to the boys and Nick. I want to spend more quality time with them at dinner and have Friday movie nights so we have a chance to connect as a family.
How did your goals go this month?
- I only wrote in my journal 6 times which isn’t good but I did write in my gratitude journal 20 times and I think that’s pretty good.
- I checked off a few bucket list items which include drinking apple cider, visiting a pumpkin patch, watching Hocus Pocus, finding Halloween costumes, making percolator punch and carving pumpkins.
- I used my planner 21 days out of 31 so I think that’s pretty good.
- Yeah, the Dating Divas calendar didn’t really work out. We didn’t have a lot of money to spare so doing some of the dates just wasn’t possible so Nick and I decided to nix it.
- I didn’t make a blog calendar but I did look into it and have a better idea of what I want to do next month. Sorry for not getting 2 posts out to you every week.
From 1-10, how do you feel overall about this past month?
I give October a solid 8. It was a pretty good month and I’m happy with what I accomplished and for the things that I didn’t get done I feel like I still made improvements for the future.