I don’t know why I haven’t been updating you guys on how my goals from the previous month went. I think all the stress is getting to me lately. Well, I’d like to fill you in on August goals and how they went.
101 in 1001
- Have an epic water balloon fight with the boys. I’m sad to report that this didn’t happen. In Early August, we were really busy and there wasn’t time. Then in mid-August, it rained most days. After that, it cooled off and would have been way too cold. I’m disappointed I didn’t make more time for this earlier.
- Enroll the boys in music lessons. Again, I got busy and this got put on the back burner. They will be starting music lessons in September so it wasn’t a total fail, I just didn’t get it done on time.
- Enroll the boys in a sport. I had planned to enroll them in kickball as they had played it in the past and loved it. Unfortunately, I found out that they weren’t eligible to join and so I’m on the hunt for something else. Hopefully, I’ll find something soon.
- Write letters to me to read in 1 year, 5 years and 10 years. I didn’t get a chance to do this one either. I thought I did good at accomplishing my goals in August, I guess not.
- Answer the “50 Questions to Free Your Mind”. I did this! You can read it here. I’m not going to lie, this one took a bit of time and a lot of patience and thought but I’m really happy I did it.
Well, my blog did get a revamp. I hope everyone noticed and liked it. I know I love the cleaner, streamlined look of it. I did post more often, but I also miss my mark of 5 blog posts by 1. I also uploaded zero videos on YouTube. I had brainstormed a lot of video ideas but when it came to making them my heart just wasn’t in it, and I’m starting to think that it’s just not something I’m into anymore. As for my house, it is slightly more in order, but not much has changed. We still have relatively no furniture, but we did order everything we needed and are just waiting for it to be shipped or delivered. Dessa’s room is coming along. All that is left is to paint her dresser drawers and for my dad to bring up the new big girl bed that he made for her.
I didn’t get that gym membership. It’s still on my list of things to do, and I mean it. I also signed up for a running group with my sister that starts in September so yes I failed, but I’m going to make up for it. I did cut out a lot of unhealthy eating habits which wasn’t easy considering the town I lived in had a carnival, and the state fair is going on. I cut out soda entirely and when I felt like snacking I choose to eat healthy option like fruit, vegetables or the most millennial thing ever, avocado toast.
We never made it to the donut shop but we did take the boys on a tour of Minneapolis. They were less than impressed which was a little sad but Nick and I had a good time telling stories and seeing old places we used to frequent.
I failed at this one pretty hard. I kind of suck at being
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to go to a therapist because there was an issue with my husband’s insurance. His boss did not fill out the proper paperwork for his promotion, and without his
On to the Septembers goals.
101 in 1001
- Enroll the boys in a sport.
- Enroll the boys in music lessons.
- Write letters to
myselfto open in 1 year, five years and ten years.
- Take a Barre class.
- No electronics one day a week for a month.
There is a lot that needs to be this month so I can’t not be productive. I’ve recently started using my bullet journal again and the last week of August I really started to use it daily. I want to make it my goals to use my bullet journal every day in September. I’ve set it up so I can put my daily to-do list in it and any big events for that day. I also really want to make a point of finishing some unfinished projects around my house. These would include finishing Dessa’s dresser, paint the kitchen and pulling down the wallpaper in the basement. It feels like a lot and it probably is but I’m setting my expectations high this month.
This month I am 100% getting that membership at the YMCA as well as going there at least once a week. I have also signed up for a running group with my sister that I will be going to once a week as well. So I’m getting my fit on this month.
Besides getting my fitness on it’s time to get healthy. That means it’s time to see a real doctor since I haven’t been to one since I was 18. It’s also time to go to the dentist, dermatologist, and the dreaded gynecologist. Eww, September is going to suck.
Fall comes this month! I want to bake everything. Fuck my diet, I plan to bake cookies, pies, bread loaves and anything with cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin, and apples. Ugh, this is the best time of the year!
Still got to work on my patience and being nice. This is why I have no friends.
I still need to see that therapist. But the good news is I can now do that. The issue with insurance has been resolved, hopefully, so other than a $20 copay I’m all set.