What was the most memorable part of this past month?
The most memorable part of this month was the boys going back to school. I was both excited and sad. I love having more freedom while they are in school but it is also very boring at home without all the chaos that the boys bring.
What were the three biggest lessons you’ve learned in this past month?
- Sometimes the best way to get through a problem is to let it all out to get it off your chest.
- If you change your perceptions you can change the way you feel about life.
- Preplanning makes life a lot less stressful.
Are you happy with how you spent your time this month? What steps can you take this next month to adjust them?
No, I really didn’t do much in September other than try to make myself feel better. I fell into some bad habits which didn’t help. Next month I’m going to try to not be depressed. If I start feeling like I’m not right again I’m just going to do another brain dump here on this blog since that is what pulled me out of my depression in this month.
How are you different between this past month and the month before it?
I think this month I’m more humble and forgiving of myself. Going through a long stint of depression has made me realize that I don’t need to be perfect or okay. That I need to be more gentle with myself and others. We are all struggling with our own demons.
What or who are you especially grateful for this past month?
This blog. I didn’t think that writing about my depression would make me feel better but it really has. I don’t care who reads this blog or if anyone reads it but I do care about what I put here and I want this place to be a place of honesty. I’m happy I could be honest with myself and with anyone who reads this and for that I am grateful.
Name three things you can improve on next month. What are concrete actions you can take to work towards these improvements?
- Post on this blog. This is my 4th post this month and that is unacceptable so next month I’ll be writing more. I’m working on a blog calendar to better schedule my time and to collect ideas.
- I need to be more honest with myself and with others about what is going on with me.
- I need to live more in the moment and stop reliving the past or stressing out about the future. I can only control so much and I have no control over what happened or what will happen. I have to let go and just accept what is.
How did your goals go this month?
Lets see, I did nothing towards my goals except write in my journal and gratitude journal. Everything else was a failure but if I’m being honest, I’m okay with that. I found writing in my journals to be cathartic and really helped me process what was going and how I was feeling. As much as I want to put myself out there with this blog, sometimes things should just be private and when I feel like something is to private to share here it’s nice to have a place to put it.
From 1-10, how do you feel overall about this past month?
2! It was a shitty month and I’m glad it’s over. I am very excited for next month and I’m happy this month is over.