What was the most memorable part of this past month?
The most memorable part of September was the boys starting school again. Odin is now in the fourth grade and Gray in first. Every year I get nervous for the boys on their first day, but this year I was more nervous than ever. They were starting a new school in a new state where they didn’t know anyone and weren’t used to much. Thankfully they both came home saying they had an excellent first day which was a relief to me.
What were the three biggest lessons you’ve learned in this past month?
- You have to push yourself. I’m fortunate to have a sister who propels me to better myself, but my sister can’t always be there to drive me, I have to force myself as well.
- Hard work is worth it. In September I started working out more. I started Moms on the run with my sister as well as walking with her once a week. I’m not going to lie, while I’m doing my interval training and workouts and the rest of the day I’m exhausted. The next day though I feel so good and that feeling lasts until the next exercise. Exercising isn’t the only hard work that leaves me feeling good. Nick and I have slowly been working on our house. From painting to decorating. For the first time, I truly love where I live. I love my home, my neighborhood, most of my neighbors, all of it.
- It gets better. For the better part of a decade, I have struggled. Life can be a struggle sometimes, and you work your way through it. For me, I was going against my better judgment for a long time. Once I started accepting what I needed and moved in that direction my life got better. It wasn’t an instant change, but it didn’t take long to start feeling good in a way I haven’t felt in a long time.
How are you different between this past month and the month before it?
The most significant difference this month is how I feel. I feel happier, more content with my life and have a positive outlook for the future. I’m especially excited for the coming months as the holiday season approaches.
What or who are you especially grateful for this past month?
I’m especially grateful that my sister who forced me to join Mom’s On The Run and then made time to be my walking buddy.
Name three things you can improve on next month. What are some concrete actions you can take to work towards these improvements?
- I need to find motivation within myself. I am lucky that my sister pushes me, but I need to push myself more on my own. I have to depend on myself more than I depend on others. It’s more than okay to depend on others from time to time, but I want to motivate myself to do more and depend more on me for accomplishing my goals.
- I need to be more mindful of my goals. Every month I have to best of intentions of accomplishing my goals but quickly forget them in the chaos of my everyday life. I want to work on keeping my goals at the forefront of my mind to accomplish them.
- I have to get a solid routine down. I know that my everyday life would run more smoothly if I had a set schedule that I stuck to every day. A lot of this goes hand in hand with motivation myself as I know what I should do I don’t have the motivation to do it. It’s time to figure out a routine for everything and then do it!
From 1-10, how do you feel overall about this past month?
Overall, I feel like September was a really good month. I want to give it a 9.